Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 1... N & C 214
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 10:12:01 -0300

Ted:

When I was out west at the Calgary Stampede, I noticed more Nikons than
Canons.  In eastern Canada, it is 90% Canon.  This perhaps may be because
the Newspapers have a loaner pool of good glass, all of which is EOS.  At
the Stampede, the pro's seemed to use as many Nikons as Canons.  Why the
greater number of Nikons out west?  It seems maybe the photographers there
must supply their own equipment and may have found it too expensive to make
the switch to EOS.  I too was the only Leica there, but had the biggest
lens ;-)

I did run into a German fellow while on a mountain hike in Calgary that had
a R7 with 21mm SA.  He also said he had a 15mm in his pack.  I was also out
having lunch on the Halifax waterfront Thursday and noticed a gentleman
with a Leica R? taking a few pictures.  He was obviously a tourist, as what
he was taking pictures of looked pretty ordinary to me a local.

Regards,

Robert