Subject: [Leica] Reviewing My Options
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 14:46:12 -0500

I have the first version of the 60 mm Macro Elmarit.  With Info from Jim

Brick and others, the following options appear to be open to me so that
I can use a circular polarizer with this lens:

1)  Find a used lens hood that was designed for this lens and which will

take a Series 8 filter.  (Elegant but expensive solution)

2) Have Leica alter the lens so that I could use a screw-in E55 filter
and an after market lens shade.  (I'd prefer Option 4, if possible)

3) Find a filter that will screw into the lens without having it
modified.  Is there such a thing as an E60 filter and is this what would

work with this lens?  (Perhaps the cheapest option)

4) Find a step-down ring from B+W or Heliopan that would permit me to
use an E55 filter.  What specifications would this ring have to work on
this lens (60 or 62 mm to E55?)?

Any answers/additional Info would be greatly appreciated.

Bud

P.S. I should have purchased the lens hood when I bought this lens a
long time ago.  Live and learn:-)