Subject: Re: [Leica] A Challenge
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 13:18:53 -0700

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> Dr. Blacktape Issues A Challenge:
>
> Would it be possible, for an entire week - from this coming Monday, August
> 9, to the following Monday, August 16 - for those posting LUG messages to
> limit the subject matter to PHOTOGRAPHY - i.e., taking photographs, the
> merits of various film, the USES of various cameras and lenses, and other
> pieces of equipment.
>
> Understand, this would mean no discussion who makes what, why some cameras
> have backs that open while others have removable bottoms, how to load
> cameras, what color tape to place or not place over red dots, whether one
> kind of camera is "better" than another, whether the design of a particular
> lens was stolen from the Druids or the Vikings, and whether used Leica
> equipment will or will not be less expensive the day following the Second
> Coming.
>
> Anyone up to the challenge?

If you are referring to Frank Dernie's "Microsoft" post if you made it to the
end he ties it up pretty well with how cameras go. Let's analyze which of your,
mine and other's posts have fitted your criteria. I believe in natural
selection. If someone wants to go on a rant about the  Druids or the Vikings and
not mention what their favorite F stop was it would tend to sink to the bottom.
Not get picked up and tossed around as much.
Mark Rabiner