Subject: [Leica] Re: radioactive lenses
From: Bert <mr.bass@planet.nl>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 16:53:01 +0200

I don't have the article. I'd be interested though.
Do you know which Thorium isotope we're talking about? Most Thorium
isotopes emit alpha-radiation and gamma radiation. Since alpha-radiation is
very difficult to detect with a Geiger counter, measuring both front and
rear end doesn't make much sense since gamma radiation isn't hindered much
by glass or metal (except lead).

Bert K.
Unlike in sex, bigger isn't always better