Subject: Re: [Leica] Ted honoured - Lifetime Achievement award
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 07:34:40 -0700

Tim Atherton wrote:

>Our own Ted (I am presuming) is being honoured, along with Karsh
>
>>From the CAPIC (Canadian Association of Photographers & illustrators in
>Communications http://www.CAPIC.org/mainframe.html) website:
>
>"1999 Lifetime Achievement Awards

Howdy folks,

Let me clarify this a bit, as some of you may remember my excitement at the
beginning of the year when I posted my good fortune of being nominated for
the CAPIC Life Time Achievement Award. At which time many of you offered
congratulations, which I humbly accept.

At the time they were to be presented in March, but this date was changed
to coincide with two things, Yousuf Karsh's itinerary and the PPOC/CAPIC
convention next week in Ottawa.  A major event for Canadian professional
photographers.

So it is once again a time to become nervous at standing before my peers
and receive a wonderful honour of recognition, especially with Yousuf Karsh
and Tom McNeely.

It is double good fortune for me, as I won the Yousuf Karsh Award in 1971
for B&W portraiture in Photojournalism presented by the the Professional
Photographers of Canada. So to stand with him while we both receive the
same Life Time Award gives an extra special meaning to the event.

So the big gala evening is on Tuesday the 10th next week in Ottawa. I
assure you I'll make the LUG family proud and hold the Leica on high!

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant