Subject: Re: [Leica] Voigtlander 15mm SuperWide Hellar Asph
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 19:11:11 +0200

Steven,

I have tested the lens with slide film (Provia 100) and found it to be
excellent, certainly much better than the Japanese 17mm lens I had on my Pentax
SLR.

The Heliar is most certainly not Leica glass, but it also does not carry a Leica
price. And Leica does not make a 15mm lens.

Nathan

"Steven L. Alexander" wrote:

> I have...it is a so,so lens. Not a lot of contrast and not too sharp;
> however, this is not to say that it does not fill a special point of view
> for the M camera.  I must say that the above comments are based on a first
> look at just two rolls of film (Delta 3200 and Delta 400)shot on one day.  I
> will buy one and run more controlled tests.
>
>  Wide open with sole light source in frame there is little halo and good
> rendition of tonal scale of scene.
>
> An interesting tool at a good price...view finder id great.
>
> More later,
> Steven

- --
Nathan Wajsman