Subject: Re: [Leica] loading M6
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 10:45:22 -0700

Rob Schneider-Laura Tully wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I don't see why this is a constant topic for
> discussion.  The instruction manual for the M6 explains how to
> load the camera (and even says, essentially, don't fuss around
> too much).  Pull out the leader to reach into the takeup spool,
> flip up the back, drop in the cassette, make sure the leader
> drops into to the center of the takeup spool, flip down the back,
> button up the bottom, wind off two frames, GO.  It takes longer
> to describe than to do and it WORKS EVERY TIME.

It's the guys who work behind the counters in the camera stores that teach the
"trick" about opening the back gate and lining up the sprocket holes before you
close up the back. They think they have access to privileged private information
and are going to let you in on it. Which make's Leica M users a small club since
no one is going to use a camera which takes all that trouble and time to load.
Mark Rabiner