Subject: [Leica] RE: Re: Re: A Challenge
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 14:17:37 -0700

On 5 Aug 99, Paul Chefurka wrote, at least in part:

> > *Another* paramilitary organization? There, you are clearly
> > implying that this is one. I think not!
>
> It's not?  What's with all the saluting and the Oath of Photographic
> Allegiance and standing at attention to reload then?  Not to mention the
> daily close-order lens-changing drill.  Hmph.  Chicken$&!% outfit, 'yask
> me!

But Paul, all the above is to make us better soldiers...er
photographers. Leica photographers, at that!

Those troops...er Leica photographers out there on the firing
line...er breaking news areas, must approach the speed of our
enemy... er competition, if we are to achieve victory... er the best
images.

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

          Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only
          truth, but supreme beauty--a beauty cold and austere,
          like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of
          our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of
          painting or music, yet sublimely pure, and capable of
          a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show.

               -- Bertrand Russell