Subject: [Leica] Photo mag (F) Boubat special ed
From: Gerry Walden <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 08:41:55 +0100

I, like Chris, bought the special edition of Photo whilst in Paris last week.   They seem
to do these special editions every so often as I have another one which I bought some
time ago about Bresson (I think, but it may have been Doisneau).  They are very good
value.   I also like the regular magazine which I struggle through with my limited
knowledge of French!

I have stood in front of the mirror (holding my M4-P in my hand) and I think that my
hands appear as those of Boubat do - in other words the shutter release appears to be at
the wrong end of the camera.   But I did get very confused in my own mind as to what way
round I would actually end up in the finished image, so I gave up.   It could have
something to do with my advancing years and the fact that I did not have a very
attractive French girl hanging round my waist a la Boubat.   Whilst talking about this
particular image, I was amazed to see the large drying marks down it when I looked at it
in more detail rather than just a glance.   Nice to know that I am not the only one with
this problem.

Just to finish the point, could I refer Chris to the self-portrait top right on page
49?   Imagine the camera now turned on its end - it would end up with the shutter release
in the same place as on the earlier one.   And the image bottom left on page 48 even
shows the mirror - QED ;>)

Regards

gerry (UK)