Subject: Re: [Leica] Need Digital Printer Recommendation Needed
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 11:43:57 -0600

>Fellow LUGnuts,
>
>I am sure this question has been covered before but for some reason the
>answer didn't stick.
>
>I shoot B&W Tri-X with my Leicas and find it more and more difficult to get
>to the darkroom.  I can scan my negatives and use Adobe Photoshop to "dodge"
>and "burn" the image to my satisfaction.  The problem is printing the final
>image.  Many of the ink jet printers show banding (uneven tones where they
>should be the same) and a general reduction in quality.
>
>Does any one out there use a digital printer  for making quality B&W prints
>that you would be happy to frame and exhibit?  Its hard to bring your laptop
>to show friends your latest images.  B.D. Colen recommended  "The Digital
>Darkroom" by George Schuss.  I just got it yesterday from Amazon.com and
>it's a wonderful book.  Great recommendation.
>
>Richard

Hello Richard,

Try the link below. I'm doing this now and pretty happy with the results.
 My friend Mark just hung a show of 20 16X20 prints done with Quadtones
on my printer and they look great. I use the Epson 3000. I think some of
the newer printers are even better. (though not as big)

http://www.missupply.com/store.cgi?cart_id=8575590.999&page=quadtone.html

I think you'll be very pleased.

Henry Ambrose