Subject: Re: [Leica] Strap and bag for Gitzo 1228 ?
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 13:12:20 -0500

Phong,

I made it possible to attatch a strap to my tripod uing a small dog
choker chain collar, a "D" ring/gaffer taped to one leg, and a bungi
cord.  I put the choker chain on one end of the strap and put the choker
chain around the head of the tripod, attatch the other end of the strap
to the "D" ring gaffer taped to the end of one of the legs and put the
bungi cord around all three legs to keep them from separating while it is
being carried.  For a strap I use the Lightware strap that came with my
MF1420 case.  It is long with a wide padded shoulder pad.  This set-up
works really well.  I have hiked down into and out of the Linville gourge
with this as well as several trails up some other mountians in western
North carolina...used it several times this past week.  Am lugging around
a Bogen 3120 (?) tripod with ball head.

On 8/8/99 8:31 AM phong wrote:

>I am looking for recommendations for a shoulder strap
>to carry my tripod (without tripod bag).

Best regards,
Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net