Subject: [Leica] NEW Leica USA screw mount lenses!
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:30:33 EDT

If this was already announced, please disreguard my message:

Leica is introducing three new SCREW MOUNT lenses. These are screw mount
versions of the M lenses in silver: (they say by late August)

35f2.0 ASPH
50f1.4
50f2.0

...and a new 35mm finder! Those tired old SBLOO's may finally get a break!

These will be made primarily for Japan, but we should be able to get some
according to Leica. Predictibly they will be in limited supply. Leica says
this is in response to popularity of the "Bessa L" by Voigtlander, and
Minolta and Konica's SM lenses. Wow! Maybe we are seeing the begining of a
"new" Leica here?

I will not list prices as it is not Friday, but if anyone has a strong
interest feel free to call me at (212) 475-5660 any time today. I can tell
you what I know and you may pre-reserve a lens.

later,
Rich