Subject: Re: [Leica] NEW Leica screw,,Really?
From: Patrick Giagnocavo <a222@redrose.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 02:47:48 +0000

Marc James Small wrote:

> At 09:31 PM 8/10/1999 EDT, Tom Abrahamson foolishly queried:
> >A metered 3F with a 1/125 flash synch, 1/2000 top
> >speed and a price of around $450. Wouldn't that be a beauty!
>
> Well, to be rude, no.  A Cosina Piece of Shit remains a Cosina Piece of
> Shit, Tom, however you slice it.  It isn't a Leica, and if you think it is,
> well, I'd hold my peace, if I were you:  your income is gauged by your
> credibility within the Leica community and if the word starts getting
> around that you believe some Cosina garbage is Leica-like, well, brother,
> you will simply cause apoplexy from the laughter which results among the
> cognescenti.  Cosina is a junk company making junk.  Better than a lot of
> Oriental junk, but, for the all of it, still junk.  It is NOT of Leitz
> quality nor of Leica quality.  It is junk by these standards.  Great flash

Ah, but if you put a Leica lens on it then what, eh!  A Pearl on a
Pig!

That would be something to use Ted Grant's Lens Cleaning Cloth on it
wouldn't it mate!

> speeds and it is broken and unrepairable in six months.  A wonderful way to
> spend your $450.  A IIIc would make more sense, with a Kontakt.

But he wants a III_F_ weren't you paying attention, lad?!  Not a
III_c_ !

> Can we just keep this list on-target?  It is the LEICA Users Group.  Not
> the Cosina Users Group.  Not the Nikon Users Group.  Not the Contax Users
> Group.  Not the Hasselblad Users Group.  It is CERTAINLY not that erudite
> chamber, the Rollei List.

What's a Rollei -  isn't that a camera like a Lubitel, Seagull or
YashicaMat?

- --- Paddy