Subject: Re: [Leica] The Leica meaning of "eyes"
From: Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 21:14:43 -0700

Lee, Jonathan wrote:

> LUGers,
>
> As a new Leica owner, I would like to know what
> "no eyes" means in the context of a Leica lens.
>
> Jonathan Lee

Optics attached to the lens which change the magnification of the
viewfinder to match the lens focal length.

Generally refer to the 35mm lenses made for the M3 which did not have
the 35mm frameline. The M3's smallest frameline is the 50mm. With 0.7x
magnification the 50mm frameline was correct for the 35mm lens.

"Eyes" is also used to describe the attachment for the dual-range
Summicron to change the rangefinder to a closer focus range.

Dennis

No Archive