Subject: [Leica] <no subject>
From: "sam" <salex@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 09:21:50 -0400

It would seem that Mr. Small is a very angry control-freak (try HIS Rollei
list to see what I mean) and, IMO, he defaces the LUG with posts such as
this:

 . . .At 09:31 PM 8/10/1999 EDT, Tom Abrahamson foolishly queried:
      A metered 3F with a 1/125 flash synch, 1/2000 top
      speed and a price of around $450. Wouldn't that be a beauty!

    Well, to be rude, no.  A Cosina Piece of Shit remains a Cosina Piece of
Shit, Tom, however you slice it.  It isn't a Leica, and if you think  is,
well, I'd hold my peace, if I were you:  your income is gauged by your
credibility within the Leica community and if the word starts getting
around that you believe some Cosina garbage is Leica-like, well, brother,
you will simply cause apoplexy from the laughter which results among the
cognescenti.  Cosina is a junk company making junk.  Better than a lot of
Oriental junk, but, for the all of it, still junk.  It is NOT of Leitz
quality nor of Leica quality.  It is junk by these standards.  Great flash
speeds and it is broken and unrepairable in six months.  A wonderful way to
spend your $450.  A IIIc would make more sense, with a Kontakt.

Can we just keep this list on-target?  It is the LEICA Users Group.  Not
the Cosina Users Group.  Not the Nikon Users Group.  Not the Contax Users
Group.  Not the Hasselblad Users Group.  It is CERTAINLY not that erudite
chamber, the Rollei List.

Marc