Subject: Re: [Leica] Maroon Photos
From: Jeffcoat Photography <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:59:45 -0400

Larry and Everyone Else: If you ever get the chance to see Fred or attend one
of his lectures, DON'T MISS IT! I count him as my #1 mentor. Did a class with
him in Florida and had him in as a speaker at the SC Convention in 89. The man
is a fountain of Knowledge. He has 9-12 coffee table books out and they are
all done with the Leica. In fact he did the work for the National Geographic
on the English Country Homes (Later a book "The English Country Manor Home-A
tapestry of the Ages" (I think that is the correct title-it's close) The story
goes that they wanted him to shoot it with 4x5 so he took the Linhof and his
Leica's. He shot it both ways and sent some of the early takes in for an
evaluation by the NG staff. They told him to use the Leica's as they couldn't
see any appreciable difference for what they were wanting to do. The book is
beautiful. I believe his showing (which will run till Dec)  is at the
Smithsonian, it opened last month. The details are in one of the last issues
of Leica Fotographie, or was it Leica View?

BTW anyone who is shooting with the Elinchrom Strobes, their trigger voltage
is
set at 15 volts regardless of the unit your using.

LArry thanks for the update- I'm going right now to get a copy of the mag.

Cheers Wilber