Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Mounting and viewing with an M lens
From: Bernard Delgado <delgado@nytimes.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 13:32:38 -0500

I'll have to add that a few years ago,  I was in a NYC camera store & asked
to try out a 35mm lens on an M3. The M3 had just had its viewfinder
replaced by Leica.  The salesman assured me that there were no framelines
for the 35mm & so POINTLESS.
Framelines did pop up.
Leica had run out of M3 viewfinders & so installed an M6J viewfinder w/o
the meter. They hadnt mentioned this to anyone & the camera store didnt
even know what they had.
- -BernardDelgado