Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Mounting and viewing with an M lens
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:44:13 -0700

Jim,

This sounds like the lens that I traded in at KSP. It performed very well
for many years. I bought it used from Jim Kuehl in 1984 and it has travelled
the world. I never had any focusing problems. It went back to Leica once
when they were running a special on lens refurbishing - but not because it
had any problems. I had to debate long and hard about getting rid of it, but
traded it in on the purchase of a new 35mm Summicron ASPH. When I originally
bought the Summilux it was to be my "low light" lens, but about 6-7 years
ago I bought a Noctilux and the Summilux became more of a general purpose
lens. The pre-ASPH Summilux often gets mixed reviews, but I liked this one.
It produced many wonderful (and sharp) pictures over the years.

Bryan