Subject: Re: [Leica] My M6 is rusting
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 12:49:45 EDT

In a message dated 08/12/1999 11:21:58 AM Central Daylight Time,
delgado@nytimes.com writes:

<<

 >Maybe someone could strip the black chrome off and refinish it (the Japanese
 >guy) but I doubt
 >they would match the original finish.
 >
 >Anyone else seen a top plate with acne?
 >
 >Jason Hall
 >Birmingham UK

 That homepage says he cant strip an M6 cuz the top plate would melt.
 I would imagine because there's no brass in there.
 -Bern

Have you thought about sending the M-6 to Solms so the job of chrome plating
could be done correctly.  The likely problem is the solutions used in the
process were not properly cleaned off and the plating process was thereby
corrupted.

Has anyone experienced rusting on the M-3's and M-4's?