Subject: Re: [Leica] Another Leica vs medium format debate
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 00:44:37 -0700

Dave Yoder wrote:

> Actually, after all the filtering and oppressive burning done to Adams'
> prints, I have a hard time seeing anything remotely resembling what I see in
> real, live nature. I'd have to give that edge to Rowell.
>
> Dave Yoder
>
> > Whose Yosemite do you find
> > the most "truthful" Adams or Rowell's?

Include me out! I'll take the oppressively filtered and burnt B&W Adams over the
colorful Rowell any day.
I think in a hundred years Adams will still be synonymous with excellence in
photography and one expert out of a thousand would have even heard of Rowell.
But that's partially the problem of color photography.
That's just my humble crystal ball. TJMHCB
Mark Rabiner
And Adams didn't shoot with let alone sell graduated filters; one the most
annoying and tacky effects brilliantly overused on the cover of Rowell's webite.
http://www.mountainlight.com/
Reminds me of Movies in the early '80's.
Mark Rabiner