Subject: [Leica] Stop-down metering with R3
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:06:23 +0100

Hi LUGnuts.

This is just a check to make sure I'm doing things right on the basis of
the helpful advice I received from the LUG some time ago.

I attached a 280/4.8 Telyt to the R3 via an non-cammed R adapter and
stopped down to f5.6, metering grass on my lawn as a substitute for a grey
card.

This gave me a reading in automatic mode of 1/500 sec. The shutter speed
needle seems to move correctly, dropping one speed for every stop further
down.

Then I attached a three-cam 135/2.8, stopped down to f5.6, metered the same
patch of grass in the same light, and got a reading of 1/250 sec.

So it would appear that the correct procedure with the Telyt is:

1) Take a reading in automatic.

2) Set the shutter manually to one speed lower than indicated by the meter.

3) Shoot.

Anyone else got any better ideas?

TIA

Slan