Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Another Leica vs medium format debate
From: 4season <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 11:04:02 -0600

Jim Brick wrote:

> At 12:44 AM 8/13/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >Dave Yoder wrote:
> >>
> >> Actually, after all the filtering and oppressive burning done to Adams'
> >> prints, I have a hard time seeing anything remotely resembling what I see in
> >> real, live nature. I'd have to give that edge to Rowell.

Agreed!

That said, Adams's work reveals the lsndscape more as I *imagine* it to
be; it is less literal, but at it's best, more powerful, I think. I have
works by both photograpers on my walls; they serve as reminders of why I
get up at ungodly hours on bitterly cold winter mornings, when sane
individuals are snugly tucked in bed!

Jeff