Subject: Re: [Leica] Advice, please: Nocti/M3
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant98@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:06:57 PDT

Chandos Michael Brown wrote:
>My Nocticlux/M3 combo has developed an alarming propensity toward
>separation, to wit:
>the damn lens won't stay on the camera.
>
>I purchased the lens NOS and it will stay attached to the M4-P.  The M3
>mount shows no sign of excessive wear.  Can the catch be adjusted?
>
>You haven't lived until you've felt a Noctilux loosen in your hand as you
>pull the camera from the bag . . .
>
>Yrs. breathlessly,

Hi Chandos,

First word of advice.................DON'T PUT IT ON THE M3!:)

Do you hear the distinct "click" when you lock the Nocti onto the M3? If not
I'd have the camera and lens in front of a service centre and let them
deterimine what your situation is. And for sure, I'd not put the lens on the
M3 again until it's checked out.

To say the least you sure will be "breathless" if you drop the Nocti and
crack up the glass ware.

I know  couple of times on my M6's I have been careless in putting the
Noctilux on the body and not turned it to complete the "click" as the
locking flange connects. And then experienced what you have.

ted