Subject: [Leica] Eyeglass Lenses and Camera History
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 19:53:02 -0400

At 01:34 PM 8/14/1999 -0700, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>We had a fellow on the list by the name of Zeissler (Mitch?) who told me
he had
>Zeiss glass put in his frames.

Zeiss is one of the largest suppliers of glass eyeglass lenses in the
world.  I imagine a number of folks on the List have Zeiss lenses, though
they may not know it.  The former Contessa-Nettel factory, which for 19
years was the second-largest Zeiss Ikon factory and for 27 years the
largest Zeiss Ikon plant, was converted to an eyeglass factory in '73.

Talk about gazing at the universe through a bit of camera history!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!