Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw to M adapters
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 20:05:05 -0400

At 10:03 PM 8/14/1999 +0200, Paul Coresect wrote:
 >Can anyone tell me what lenses will fit on what?
>I have a III, and a Zorki 4K and the lenses are obviously not compatible.
Which
>is 39mm? (roughly measuring them leads me to assume the zorki is 39mm
>(therefore compatible with the new Voigtlander/cosina lenses, right?)).

The ARE identical.  Both use the same 39mm by 26tpi thread selected by
Oscar Barnack.  The lenses should be completely interchangeable.  I
regularly use Russian lenses on my IIIc and IIIf and have used Leica lenses
on my FED and Zorki cameras, when I owned such.

The same is not true of Prewar FED's, incidentally.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!