Subject: Re: [Leica] Minolta made R9
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 14:43:50 -0700

Andre Jean Quintal wrote:

> Good Afternoon Dan,
>
>       ><snip>
> ><snip>
>         Andre Jean Quintal
>
> At 11:48 -0400 15/08/99, Dan Post wrote:
> > ANdre-
> >I've had a few- from the SRT-101 to the 7000i and they are all nice cameras.
> >The 7000i was one of the most complex pieces of camera whiz-bang technology
> >I had ever seen- when I had it repaired, I was told that there were no less
> >the 37 different switches, in, on, and about the body alone! All prone to
> >get dirty, and to cease working!
> >I guess tha's why I like the M and the LTM so much! Less to go awry! But if
> >you need AF and AE and want a relatively nice camera, they are not bad...
> >just not as good as a Leica!
> >Dan

Hello Mr. Q!
Like you I also moved form Contarex (bull's-eye) to Rollei 35. From the biggest
to the smallest way to expose a 35mm neg with a piece of Zeiss glass that I know of.
As for Minolta we should not forget to give them credit for getting the whole
autofocus thing going not that it's my particular cup of tea.
I still think Leica needs to start making the R7 again. Did Minolta help them
with that?
Mark Rabiner