Subject: Re: [Leica] SLR choice
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 18:52:56 -0700

 Bud Cook wrote:
>BTW, I also have an SL and I really love it.  It's got a terrific viewfinder
>and you can hammer nails with it.>>>>>>

Hi Bud,

In the event the question of "whatever happened to the Tiger tanks used
during WW2?"

Well you answered the question. They became the SL's you hammer nails and
spikes with! :) They truly are/were  built like Tiger tanks, so solid I
dropped a couple of mine and they almost bounced right back into my hands
without dropping a frame. And they just kept going like the pink bunny, I
still have one purchased in 1969 and it still works.

It's rarely used these days, but it always gets a run through of all the
shutter speeds once a month. Kinda keeping it limbered-up just in case. :)

Excellent picture taking machines of a quality not likely to be seen again.
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant