Subject: Re: [Leica] SLR choice
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 10:52:26 EDT

In a message dated 8/16/99 10:16:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dwpost@email.msn.com writes:

<< . I am
 assuming (always dangerous!) that the R6.2 has the same type shutter
 mechanism as the SL and SL2 ( as Marc would say, 'why mess with >>

Right, dangerous. The R6 ( I don't have the 6.2, but it is similar) does not
feel like an SL or SLII. If you want that feel you must buy an SL series body.
The R6 has a metal shutter and the SL and SLII have cloth shutters similar to
the M cameras (they are both cloth). All of the R cameras after the R3 have a
similar "ker-blunk!" sound along with a slight lag in the release, at least
to my feel. You only notice that the R6 or 6.2 are mechanical at the low
shutter speeds.
Bob