Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Another Leica story (LONG)reply!
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:58:32 -0400

 Howard-
Actually, sounds like the III or IIIa- and yes, parts are still available!
DAG furnished a shutter release collar for my IIIa and did a CLA on it as
well, and I am sure the one you are speaking of could be humming along in no
time at all! A really nice example of Leitz' work!
The lenses, and I am speaking from my own experience, may be hazed over from
the lubricant, and no fungus at all! I have never really seen a case of
fungus damage to a lens- though I am sure it happens. Maybe I have been very
very lucky, but almost all my older lenses have been cleaned by Sherry, Don
or John Stelten, all good craftspeople from Whom I have had wonderful
service. Let the experts check 'em out! You might be pleasantly surprised!
Wow! What a story! It gives one hope that one day, even I may go to the odd
yard sale, and find a black paint LTM in immaculate shape ( THis old thing,
goodness, you can have it for $10, anf the box of other junk too!)
Also- sounds like a wonderful family trip! ( I am up for adoption, I cook,
wash up, and make my own bed... I'm only 53, and I don't play the stereo too
loudly!)
Dan