Subject: Re: [Leica] Off-Topic--Best Paper
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:53:17 -0500

Frank Conley wrote:

> I'm looking for a really nice paper which will give tonal results along
> the lines of prints from the 1940's. Any suggestions?

Frank,

Thought you gave up photography to be a lawyer?????  What a waste...this
guy is one of those people who "have it" when it comes to seeing and
shooting good photos, of course he probably makes more in a week now than
I do all year.  :)

Shoot Tri-x, develop in UFG (can get it from B&H) and print on AGFA
312...may not be exactly  like the 40's but will give you negs and prints
like we used to get when you were with the Tennessean and I was with the
Daily News Journal.  Great contrast with the gritty newsie feel...this is
the only combo I care to use on B&W anymore.

This past weekend I did two 11x14's of Ashleigh for my wall, the first
was shot on Tmax 400 and souped in Tmax developer.  The second was on
Tri-x in UFG.  The trix UFG print just seems to leap off the wall in
comparasion.

Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net