Subject: Re: [Leica] R8- Universal focusing screen / ground glass screen
From: Dave Yoder <leica@home.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:45:06 -0700

I've got the "universal ground glass" screens in all three of my R's,
including my R8. I can't give you technical details, other than to say I
suspect they are different because there is an ever-so-slight vignetting and
slightly different effect toward the outer edges of the universal ground
glass screens, including in the R8.

I prefer these screens because all the focusing aids in the other screens
seem to just obstruct me. It's hard to focus quickly with the other screens,
for me at least.

Dave Y.