Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6 Reliability
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 10:20:03 -0400

Any fine piece of machinery can get out of alignment, and for some pretty
mundane reasons. I recall being at the garage when George, the Master
Mechanic was lamenting repairing a couples' pair of Ferraris. They had been
in a couple of times getting the front ends aligned on both, and he hadn't
been able to figure out why, until they told him! It seems they had a horse
farm, and they went into the small town nearby that had angled parking.
They'd bump the concrete buympers in front of the feed store when they went
in to load BALES OF HAY into their Ferraris- seemed they hadn't gotten a
pickup yet!
The bumping knocked the front end out of alignment on a fairly regular
basis!. So, I would imagine that even a Leica, if 'driven' hard, will need
an oil change, tune up and front end alignment once in a while!
Dan