Subject: Re: [Leica] R24
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:52:36 -0400

I hope you can use it, but I have found that some wide angles are what are
'retro-focus' and while the have a short optical focal length, the physical
distance from the rear end of the lens to the film plane would allow the
mirror to operate. A true wide angle lens would have a rear of lens distance
to film plane short enough that the mirror might have to be locked up- and
the SL does not have the MLU feature. My impression was that the
super-angulon lenses were not compatible, but upon further consideration-
that is about all I can tell you. The SL is a fine camera, and since the
meter is somewhat of a 'spot' meter, you'd really be limiting the area which
you'd be measuring.
Good Luck- The SL is a great start to the R system!
Dan