Subject: Re: [Leica] R24
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:55:29 -0500

A couple of other lenses I can recommend is the 60mm Macro Elmarit, the
first version of the 90mm Elmarit-R and the 180 Elmar.

The Macro Elmarit is universally praised and works nearly as well at
infinity as it does close up.  The 180 Elmar is only slightly larger than
the 135 Elmarit and is a very nice traveling lens.

The 180 Elmar isn't as highly appreciated as it should be and you will find
them used for good prices.

The current 90mm Elmarit-R is the same as the Elmarit-M.  It's one of the
better non-APO Leica lenses.  However, if you can find a nice sample of the
first version of the 90mm Elmarit-R, you will not be disappointed and it'll
be less costly than the current version.

There are no bad Leica R lenses (at least those made in Germany or Canada).

Of course you must make sure you are getting either a 2-cam or 3-cam lens.

Best Regards,
Bud Cook