Subject: Re: [Leica] Home Brew
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:15:24 -0700

Roy Feldman wrote:

> I realize there are commercially available products but--- Does anyone have
> a home brew for cleaning plastic developing trays?

For years I marked my trays. Now I don't. The best thing to clean a developer
tray is fix. You can use almost straight Rapid fix with a sponge and rubber
gloves. But
the best thin to do is don't always use the same tray for the same thing.
(except Selenium)
When you use a graying developer tray in the fix the fix will clean it
gradually. I use a graying tray in the first of a standard two fix operation
because the case might be made that the fix is cleaning the tray and redepositing
it back on to your print. The silver that is. Forget about that paranoid myth
called contamination! I've been doing that for the past 5 or 10 years and my
trays are much more maintenance free. And my prints are fine. Rotate your trays!
They get bored doing the same thing every day! Let them breath!!
Mark :-) Rabiner