Subject: RE: [Leica] Contax and Kyocera
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 06:24:19 +0000

Jim Laurel wrote:
>>My point was, however, that even though Zeiss and Yashica were not great
>>marketers, the products of the union (the modern Contax line) are fairly
>>popular.

then Marc wrote,
>Ha-RUMPH!  Are you DARING to suggest that Zeiss was ever less than perfect
>in anything?  Beware, Mortal!

Our humble apologies if us mere mortals have offended the grand master and
protector of the Zeiss cult.  But pray tell.......

1. In what manufacturing arrangement has Zeiss gone into with Kyocera
(which I presume is a big Japanese company which bought over Yashica)?

2. What are Kyocera's other camera/optic/and not so optic business interests?

3. Why did Zeiss have to partner with Kyocera or for that matter with anybody?

Dan K.
                     The humble little coffee bean is behind the largest
                             trade on planet earth.