Subject: [Leica] Photography in the Vatican
From: Ken Lassiter <kenlass@gate.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 20:23:30 -0400

One friend of mine there recently said he used a monopod successfully.
In between takes, he would pop  the camera off and use the monopod as a
walking stick.  He used a quick release to make it easy to mount the
camera quickly.

One other person I talked to said he found he could use a table tripod
against a column without being bothered by the guards.

I have been following this thread carefully since I plan to be there in
October.  My understanding is that tripods and flash are no permitted.

Ken Lassiter