Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 80-200 Rom on Ebay at $685.50, no Reserve
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 23:50:12 -0700

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Any particular reason you are picking on Belgium here?
>
> Secondly, while I myself adhere to the "Friday rule", I find the occasional
> non-Friday FS posting a lot more relevant and on-topic than discussions of cars
> or brands of Scotch. Live and let live.
>
> Nathan
>
> Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
> > No but this is Wednesday so this must be Belgium. What might the magic words
> > "Ebay" have to do with anything?
> > Does it make Wednesday into Thursday? Or are not not in Belgium?
> > Mark Rabiner

Just a dumb reference to "If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium" a Film from '69.
I also find the occasional non-Friday FS posting a lot more relevant and
on-topic than discussions of Rushing Presidents and monster SLR lenses that cost
more than most Yugo's. (Car talk is #1 the worst)
But as far as the "Live and let live" theory goes the time to nip this Ebay
mania in the bud is now; at the roots.
People post their Ebay and as part of their excitement then POST IT HERE TOO. OR
refer to it which is close enough.
This could get out of hand real fast the way I forsee it.
I'm guilty of getting sucked into the most off topic topics you can think of but
I'm glad the buying and selling is way it is. IF it was going on all the time it
would ruin it for me.
AND THIS EBAY THING IS JUST THE THING TO DO IT!!!

And The next thing you know Zen Monks will be opening pawnshops.
With a capital T and that rhymes with E and that stands for Ebay!
Mark Rabiner!