Subject: Re: [Leica] Telephoto -- hand held
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 18:54:29 -0400

I have the latest Leica shoulder stock and have used it with the
400/6.8 and 280/4.8 attached to an R4sp.  It hangs from my
shoulder on a Domke gripper strap attached with swivel hardware
salvaged from a couple of straps found in dealers' junk boxes.

I personally find it inferior to my old stock which was cobbled
together from a Kilfitt grip and Televit stock. The "C" shaped
shoulder piece seemed to fit my shoulder more securely and the
Kilfitt grip had a more comfortable, natural feel. The angle of the
current product's grip is awkward - it bends the hand upward.
Pistol shooters will understand.

So, having upgraded to the Really Right Stuff line of mounting
products, I am reacquainting myself with the monopod

Roy