Subject: Re:[Leica] Ricoh 21mm lens?
From: kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 09:05:43 -0400

I concur with Marc- although I've honestly never even *seen* the Adorama
offering; but I recently picked up the Russar  21/5.6; it's slow but quite
capable of delivering some fine images (if I can learn to tuck my right
hand in tighter, keep getting one of my fingers in frame-!) I was shooting
at the filming of a movie (I am also one of the actors!) all I had with me
was my M6 and the 21 Russar- BTW the finder for this lens is SUPER! Built
like a tank and has parrelex(sp?) correction!
The shots I got are fine! It's all zone focus as it's not rangefinder
coupled, but at f5.6 (wide open) you've got something like 4feet to
infinity!

Shameless plug:

Watch for the release of the movie "Massholes" (that is the working title
so far) I play the role of 'Rufus', a french canadien short order fry cook
at the Clam Shack. I get to yell and swear at some kids. It's not "The
Remains Of The Day" or"Life Is Beautiful" or even "Titanic" to be sure
(more of a low budget "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" with more
swearing), but, hey! How many people get to be in a movie at all? (Other
folks appearing in movie: Boston comic Steve Sweeney  (played the Fireman
in "Something About Mary"), Lenny Clarke (played the Policeman in
"Something About Mary"), Desmond Howard the romantic interest from "Joan of
Arc", and a bunch of others....

regards,

Bob Keene