Subject: Re: [Leica] Olympus XA rangefinder
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 18:03:17 -0700

"R. Saylor" wrote:

> > > I really liked my XA.... but the shutter touch was
> > > diabolical... the
> > > lightest I have evert encountered.
>
> To which Jean-Claude Berger replied:
> >
> > Oh yes! On a 36 frames roll, there are at least 10 that I did not
> > intent to make :-).
> >
> That won't happen if you cover the (red-orange) shutter button with
> black tape.
>
> Richard S.

It should be known that the Olympus XA which is commonly referred to as "The
Clamshell" turns off when you close the clamshell. And the shutter does of
course not go off then. Jean-Claude is jokingly referring to an "itchy finger"
or more like "hair trigger" not cameras going off in your pocket. It is a
testament to it's basic design that these cameras are still being made now
decades later although gone way high tech and called the "Stylus"; not
uncommonly owned by some very good people photo wise. I stand by, own and use
the original.
Mark Rabiner