Subject: Re: [Leica] OFF-TOPIC: Nikon F5 and AF-S lenses
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 00:07:09 -0300

Pascal:

Two quick comment:

You got to dry-shoot the Nikon.  Take it and your R8 and shoot some chromes
using the zooms wide open.  Develop them and then compare.  I doubt if the
love of the Nikon will as strong.  Your typical shots I have seen on your
web page don't require autofocus anyways.

A person I shoot with regularily uses Nikons, but he has lost the hoods off
his lenses.  Bayonet hoods fall off when you least expect it.  He said he
lost the hood for his 105 macro in a field and tried for hours to find it.
Never did find it.  He lost his hood off the 80-200 2.8 zoom while walking
in the woods.  It too is gone forever.  Finally, while shooting University
Basketball Championships last fall, I saw a lot of Nikons used by the kids
that shoot for the University and none of them had hoods.  If a hood is not
included with the lens, a lot of people won't buy it.  Some of these kids
had F5's with the 80-200 2.8 with no hood and a UV filter on!  Too much
glare in an arena for that.  I was using my R8 and my M6 and when they
asked about it  said that while they were using 2.8 lenses, I was using F2
and F1 lenses!

Regards,

Robert