Subject: Re: [Leica] Newbie Leica questions...
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 18:18:38 +0200

Kevin,

I am sure you will enjoy the M6. I took a similar plunge last year in April and have never looked back. The retailer you refer to below, photonewsnetwork.com,
is Pat McKee, a great guy from whom I bought a new M6HM in December. He has good prices and will give you great service, and I heartily recommend him. I would
stay away from ebay and get a reasonably new lens instead of an ancient Summaron as your starter lens. You can for example pick up a pre-ASPH 35mm Summicron for
a reasonable price and get vastly better image quality. The lens is the most important part of the system and you should not skimp on it. Dabbling in the old
glass is fun too--I have a IIIf with a Summitar and enjoy it very much--but do not cheat yourself from the real Leica experience of seeing slides on the light
table that will jump out at you.

Nathan