Subject: Re: [Leica] 24 ASPH & Finder
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 16:14:19 -0600

This last week I shot some film with my 24 on my M6 both with and without
the finder.

I am, again, very impressed with the lense. it may be the best wide angle
I ever seen. I am amazed at the flatness and lack of distortion. With a
little care I can photograph people up close without having their heads
or bodies take on strange shapes.  And its sharp as a tack. Its a great
lens.

As to the finder or no finder - I'll be using it with the finder
attached. I just don't get good framing without it.

Kodachrome:

I have not tried any Kodachrome for many years - too much trouble.
I shot one roll each of 25, 64, 200 and sent it off last Monday to The
New Lab in San Francisco. Got it back on Thursday. The film is beautiful.

The downsides are the cost and time factors - 4 days and about $20.00
shipping expenses plus processing fees. I can't see using the film for a
job and only rarely for myself given this situation.

I can get E6 processed in 2 hours and only one block from my studio.

Is Kodak trying to kill Kodachrome?  Whats the deal?

Henry Ambrose