Subject: [Leica] Leica flash and Pacal
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 09:17:00 +1000

XXXXXXXXXX
Two flashes were used: either the Metz 40 MZ-3i or the new Leica SF20.
The latter worked well for daylight fill-in flash BTW.
The problems were all in settings where I was e.g. taking details of
statues and wall decorations in churches and so on. I am not much of a
"flash man", so my remarks may risk sounding like a beginner.
XXXXXXXXX

Pacal,

You surprise me. I've been using the Metz in P mode TTL and have been
astounded with the accuracy of the flash settings. So much so that I do not
do much thinking for my flash shots. Like you , I do not really like flash.
I have also found the fill flash with the Metz to be very very good. I've
only really used it with print film I admit so far but in 16 months I do
not think the R8 Metz combo has failed me. Perhaps you need to reset the
flash in the circumstances you describe. I will have to do a bit more
experimentation myself now.

Cheers

Alastair Firkin