Subject: [Leica] new LUG web site! get ready!
From: "Francesco Sanfilippo" <fls@san.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 01:38:21 -0700

With all this recent talk of publishing photos online, I introduce
my new web site, http://www.photorealm.com/

Please pay our unfinished site a visit to familiarize yourself with
the layout and to offer us any constructive criticism before we
place the finishing touches on the layout and design.  Bookmark
the site and check back over the next few weeks as we wrap
up the format and begin uploading content.

Note that there is a LUG section devoted to this fine group of
photographers and photo enthusiasts.  I need your help in making
this a great resource for all of us.  Those of you who do not have
web pages and want to see your photos online can use our site as
a free home page.  Even if you already have your own home page,
I encourage you to consider uploading at least a photo or two to our
site, as this will soon be a "resource extraordinaire."

For you avid travelers who consider yourselves good writers,
we are interested in essays and articles on your experiences around
the world.

For the photo technicians out there who write well, we could use your
essays and articles on lenses, cameras, technique, tips, etc.
(Are you ready Erwin?)

I have been talking about this on and off the LUG for a year, and
finally
I am ready to release this idea to the world, with your help.  Any ideas
or thoughts you can offer would be greatly appreciated as well.  Feel
free to email me anytime over the next few weeks as I wrap up the
layout and development process and start to add content.  I hope to have
enough content to release the site by mid-September.  By January 2000
I want to have at least 10,000 images in the database, and 20-30
articles
between the travel and photo sections.  This is going to be a good one,
ladies and gentlemen, with your help and contributions.

Francesco Sanfilippo
http://www.photorealm.com/
fls@san.rr.com
San Diego, CA., USA