Subject: RE: [Leica] Germany made or Canada made ?
From: Leopold Green <ldg@dmu.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:22:08 +0100

Robert,

To be completely accurate the 90 ASPH was going to be made in Canada but the
manufacturing hit a snag and had to be shifted back to Germany hence the
long delay in the arrival of the lens [and, no doubt, the extreme rarity of
the early Canadian versions which have seeped out]. That is slightly
different to the 75 or the Noctilux which were made 'long term' in Canada,
indeed, I thought the Noctilux still was. I bought one this year, in the
381xxxx range and that was stamped 'Made in Canada'.

Personally I have AT LEAST as much faith in the Canada plant as Solms!

Leopold.