Subject: [Leica] Web Image Theft on Ebay
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:42:48 -0700

<HTML>
&nbsp;

<P>MGMcGough@aol.com wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hasn't the LUG consensus on this
subject always been that the simple
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; limitations of resolution precludes the stealing
of any posted web photo
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; for any commercial usage?</BLOCKQUOTE>
that depends upon the commercial purpose.10 of my images of a Gold Nikon
FA and Nikon F5 Anniversary,&nbsp; as well as a text description were recently
stolen from my site by the <B>same</B> Ebay seller for use in two different
Ebay ads.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; of course this also meant he attempted to mislead
bidders, since he does not own the cameras in his ad.

<P>Ebay has done nothing, their standard of ethics so far seems to only
be a song and dance.

<P>all ten images as well as the text are clearly marked as copyrighted
at my site.

<P>I sent him a bill for $10,000 each for each unauthorized one time use,
for a total of $110,000

<P>at the moment I am searching for my options...not sure if I have to
hire a lawyer to sue, or if I can just turn it over to some Federal law
enforcement agency.

<P>Stephen Gandy
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>