Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Newbie Leica questions...buy new!
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 22:12:15 -0700

Jim Laurel wrote:

>My defective count with Canon products: ZERO  I have never had a defective
>Canon product out of the box, and I have never had a Canon product fail on
>me.
>
>So buy new, get your dealer to swap out the defective stuff, and hold onto
>your known-good Leica gear.

Just to provide some balance...

I had to return a new EOS3 (the second Canon body I bought this decade) and
one lens (the 4th Canon lens I bought this decade), one Nikon body out of 5
this decade, one Nikon lens out of about 12 this decade, one Schneider
enlarging lens (only enlarging lens bought this decade), one Rodenstock LF
lens out of one bought this decade (this one was weird - the diaphragm was
not centered in the shutter, so this should be blamed on Copal), all
Schneider LF lenses (6) were fine, all Leica stuff was OK (6 lenses, 2
bodies), 6 Mamiya 645 lenses were returned (out of 9), all Mamiya 6 stuff
was OK (2 bodies, 3 lenses), one Noblex was returned (out of 3) etc. All
relating to this decade.

Stuff happens. Leica seems OK.

I have had Leica items adjusted. I've also had Canon, Mamiya, Nikon,
Hasselblad etc. adjusted and repaired. I goes with using it.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com