Subject: Re: [Leica] Where to buy a new 35/2 Asph the less expensive in Europe ?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 22:05:39 +0200

Hi Frédéric,

Why not stop in Brussels, buy it here and have a beer with the Belgian
LUGgers? I bought my 2/35mm ASPH in October at Bara Photo in Brussels (very
close to the Midi station where the Thalys from Paris arrives) for 45.900
BEF, or 7.463 FRF. New, official import, not a demo. It is available at this
kind of price or slightly more at a couple of other good dealers here in
Brussels, Photo Alpha and Campion Photo. The addresses and phone numbers
are:

Bara Photo, Place Bara 27, 1070 Bruxelles, +32.2.521.80.79
Campion Photo, Rue St. Boniface 13, 1050 Bruxelles, +32.2.512.13.31
Photo Alpha, Ave. des Celtes 5, 1040 Bruxelles, +32.2.733.74.88

If your travels do not include Brussels, you could also try this dealer in
Amsterdam:

Foto Nivo-Schweitzer, Haarlemmerdijk 114, 1013 JH Amsterdam,
+31.20.623.31.59, e-mail: pieter_krigee@compuserve.com

In any of these places you will get a better deal than the ridiculous price
in France. I have shopped at all four and been satisfied every time.

Kind regards,

Nathan

Frédéric wrote:

> Hy everyone,
>
> I'm leaving this week-end for a trip around Europe with a M6, a 50/2 and
> the 28/2,8.
> I'm going to travel in West, Central and East Europe and I'd like to buy
> the new 35/2 Asph somewhere. In France, it's very very expensive :
> almost 11 000 FF = 1 833 $ !!!
> So, if you have informations and adresses for a cheaper price elsewhere,
> I'm interested !
> Best regards,
>
> Frederic

- --